I hope you are all having a wonderful, happy Thanksgiving day.
It’s so easy to get caught up in the chaos of daily life during the year – and lately, I’ve been especially stressed. When I’m stressed, I tend to forget about all the things I have to be thankful for, and instead I focus on what I don’t have and all the things that are causing me stress.
I wish I would spend more time throughout the year reflecting on why I’m thankful, instead of really focusing on these things at Thanksgiving.
Today, and every day, these are a few of the things I’m thankful for:
- My amazing husband. This man is so gracious to me and loves me through the good and the bad.
- My family. I’m so blessed to have a healthy family who all live close enough to see often. I’m very aware of how blessed Mr. D and I are.
- A warm, comfortable home, and the means to have made it feel more like “ours” this year.
- A job. Even though it stresses me out so often, I know I am very lucky and blessed.
- Faith in God’s promises. Sometimes things don’t always go the way we hope or plan, but I am thankful for God’s love and His promises that “in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28